Friday, August 1, 2014

Genres and Text Evidence

I was decorating my classroom today and decided I had a couple of areas on my walls that felt bare. I also decided I needed to add a little more green to help balance out my color scheme. So I came home and created a few products for my store that I plan to use in my classroom! The first item I created will help my students with writing with text evidence. This is something that is pushed a ton with common core. My students struggled with it last year. My hopes are that with the help of these posters, my new second graders will be excellent at writing with text evidence. Here is a preview of what they look like.





Another thing I plan on focusing on a little more in class are genres. I felt like my students would here what the genre was of the week, but that they didn't fully understand. I created these posters so that my students can have a quick reference as a reminder of what each genre is and ways to identify them. They are also green so that I could have that green color pop more in my room. 





If you would like any of these products in a different color to help bring your room together let me know! You can check both of these products out in my TPT Store

No comments:

Post a Comment