Monday, July 21, 2014

Writing Journals

I was busy in my classroom today copying and sorting papers to create writing journals! I have two journals so far. One has an assortment of writing pages and looks like this:


This journal contains three sections. One for weekend news, another for squiggle writing, and the last one is for free writing or class assignments. I'm excited to store all my students writing in one place and they will have something to show at the end of the school year.

This is A LOT of work and I'm not even done. I have them sorted, but now I have to go bind them together. At least they're ready to go!


My other journal is a phonics poetry journal. This is an ambitious projects. I am finding poems that go along with my spelling pattern of the week. This journal will serve a few purposes. It will get my students reading, getting them familiar with the patterns, and get them writing about poetry. I have searched for the poems, but some patterns I can't find so I have become a poet! Here's some samples of poems and what my poetry books are currently looking like. (They are only halfway printed which makes me sad.)





I'm excited for my journals and am hoping I have some great writers this year! I didn't attach the blank writing page...because who wants to see a lined piece of paper? I know I will enjoy these books once they are done! I am also thinking of adding my essential questions to my poetry book or creating an essential question journal. I haven't decided yet. Hope you enjoy! These aren't in my store yet, but I'm hoping to get it up real soon.

If you like this project go see what else I have created by visiting my TPT store.

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Pamela-Orton

No comments:

Post a Comment